Saturday 23 January 2016

My New Favorite Camera Gear

My New Favorite Camera Gear
As a professional mountain biker, avid skier, and full-time adventurer, I've traveled the world in search of the gnarliest trails and steepest descents. Although my passion has always been to share these incredible experiences with the world, I've never really been successful in finding camera gear that lives up to my expectations. Until now, I've never landed on a setup that not only felt comfortable, but also versatile enough for my active lifestyle.


Ever since I bought this accessory kit for my camera last winter, I've been continually impressed by the amazing features and durability that it has to offer, and I feel like I've finally found camera gear that's able to meet the demands of my extreme lifestyle. The first time I fell in love with this kit was during a ski expedition in the Patagonia backcountry. I was unfamiliar with the rugged, untamed terrain, and almost felt as if I was in over my head. In addition, the slopes proved to be incredibly steep, and I feared that I would end up breaking my equipment, my legs, or both. Furthermore, this was the first time I'd used this bundle kit, which only served to heighten my anxiety. However, my fears diminished as soon as I opened the package. The chest harness, which I would use that day, fit like a glove. Better yet, the J-Hook mount for my camera allowed for easy attachment and superior adjustability. Even though I suffered a fair amount of nasty falls throughout the day, never did the chest harness lose tension or fall off, and the J-Hook remained rock solid. When I looked at my camera's footage at the end of the day, I was amazed at the steadiness of the video that I'd captured (my buddies were equally impressed).

A few weeks later, I was given an opportunity to put the kit's handlebar mount to good use. Because I was asked to shoot some footage for a nationally recognized mountain bike film, I knew that whatever I captured had to be of excellent quality. As an integral part of footage capture, the handlebar mount can make or break a hard day's work, and I knew that if my footage was even a little too jittery, my producer wouldn't accept it. Naturally I was nervous, but given my success in Patagonia with the chest harness, I had faith that the handlebar mount would perform well, too. To my delight, the mount actually exceeded my expectations. The supreme adjustability of the mount allowed me to attach my camera quickly, and the three-way adjustable pivot arm was a hugely valuable addition that let me shoot from multiple angles. Better yet, when I wanted to attach my camera to my helmet and arm for more experimental shots, not once did I feel like the straps were getting in the way of my riding. In fact, there were times where I forgot I was even wearing the straps! In the end, my producer was thrilled at the footage I'd captured with my camera gear. Because this camera gear continues to exceed my expectations, I'd recommend this product to anyone!